What is NHS 111?
NHS 111 is a free number, to call if you require urgent healthcare.The number will direct you to your local line first time.
It is available all across England, and the line is open 24hours, 365 days per year.
To call NHS 111, please call '111'.
When Should I Call NHS 111?
- You need medical help fast, but it's not a 999 emergency.
- You don't know who to call, for medical help or you don't have a GP.
- You think you may need to go to A&E but you're not sure.
- You require health advice or reassurance on what to do next.
How Does NHS 111 Work?
- When you call 111 you will be assessed by trained advisors who will ask you questions to assess your symptoms.
- From this they will then pass you on to the most appropriate health care professional or direct you towards the local service which is more appropriate for you.
- If the NHS 111 team think that you need an ambulance they will call one for you straight away.